Boiler Blowoff Equipment
Boiler blowoff is an essential part of maintenance. If not performed regularly, the dissolved solids entering the boiler with the feed water accumulate
at the bottom of the pressure vessel to form sludge. Sludge reduces heating efficiency in all boilers, and sludge accumulation in electric
boilers will cause the heating elements to fail prematurely.
Reimers tanks are designed, manufactured, and inspected to the ASME Code, Section VIII and comply with the National Board NB-27 document “A Guide
for Blowoff Vessels”. This compliance is required by most State Boiler Laws and Statutes. Always verify Local and State requirements prior
Patent Pending Unvented Boiler Blowoff Tanks
The Safer - Simpler - More Cost Effective Blowoff Option
- Costs significantly reduced during installation by eliminating the large vent piping that penetrates floors, walls, and roof.
- No roof penetration means no roof resealing.
- Space saving compact design can be mounted under or near boiler.
- Simple valve operation to release water to floor drain after cooling.
- Safe containment of hot blowoff boiler water eliminates potential exposure to steam and hot water emitted from vented tank designs.
- Patent Pending design meets State Codes for blowoff design.
TRADITIONAL CONDITION A BOILER ON GROUND FLOOR VENTS TO SIDE WALL
TRADITIONAL CONDITION B BOILER ON GROUND FLOOR VENTS TO ROOF
- Standard blowoff tank with large vent pipe from top of tank is installed from tank to an outside wall.
- Materials = $500
Labor = $500
- Blowoff steam is dispersed outside building. Each blowoff creates noise and potential safety issue to persons in vicinity.
- Standard blowoff tank with large vent pipe from top of tank is installed from tank up through floors and through roof.
- Materials = $1500
Labor = $1500
- Blowoff steam is dispersed outside building. Each blowoff creates noise and potential safety issue to persons in vicinity. Roof
penetration is potential leak.
COMPARE THE TRADITIONAL VENTING ABOVE WITH THE REIMERS SOLUTION BELOW
Click here to see an Operating Manual
REIMERS CLOSED BLOWOFF TANK BOILER ON GROUND FLOOR VENTS TO DRAIN
- Simple drain line from blowoff tank to facility drain.
- Materials = $50
Labor = $50
- Blowoff steam and hot water is contained inside the blowoff tank, quietly, and safely away from operators. After cooling the blowoff
water is released to the floor drain.